Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (8 total)

These are three of the four government buildings located on what is still referred to as Colt's Hill. The Post Office, now the Courthouse Annex, the original Passaic County Courthouse, and the Superior Court Building at 77 Hamilton Street. The newest…

This is the Central Fire Headquarters and Apparatus on Van Houten Street, formerly the home of Engine Number 1. This company was the first to introduce horses in the department, in 1884, then the sliding pole in 1885, and the steam heater in 1886.

The former First National Bank on Ellison Street in Paterson now houses city offices. Among these is the Paterson Historic Preservation Commission.

This is a view of City Hall, Paterson, from Colt Street and Market Streets.

City Hall was gutted by the Great Fire of February 9, 1902. The city lost almost all of its archives, including vital statistics of births, deaths, etc. This view was taken from the ruins of the Paterson National Bank, circa February 1902
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2