Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (17 total)

The Memorial Stone resting on top of William Winds grave in the graveyard at the First Presbyterian Church in Rockaway, NJ. Worn due to weathering, the text was preserved in 1958 by Kensley Robert Thompson as a black wax rubbing which is on display…

This is a sketch of Rockaway from the Morris Canal in 1844. To the right is the First Presbyterian Church of Rockaway which was founded in 1752. The church's construction was funded by notable New Jerseyans including William Winds, a Revolutionary…

This is the grave site of William Winds. Winds served the British Royal Army in the French and Indian War and took up the Patriots' cause in the American Revolution. He also served as a judge between wars and founded the First Presbyterian Church…

The Memorial Stone resting on top of William Winds grave in the graveyard at the First Presbyterian Church in Rockaway, NJ. Worn due to weathering, the text was preserved in 1958 by Kensley Robert Thompson as a black wax rubbing which is on display…

Located in Long Branch, this is the only building associated with seven United States Presidents as their place of worship. Most popular during the Gilded Age, Presidents Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James A. Garfield, Chester A. Arthur,…

Daniel Budd and his family were instrumental to the growth of the iron industry in Chester. He not only owned a forge in nearby Hackelbarney, but he was also president of the Chester Railraod.

This church not only served the Presbyterian community in Chester and Mendham, but also members from nearby Roxbury and Mt. Olive. Built in 1852, miners and farmers would have worshipped side by side at this location in the 1880's

Built in 1856, this building is the oldest Congregational church west of the Hudson River. The church's prior site was built in 1747 nearby.

This is the First Baptist Church of Paterson, located at the corner of Van Houten and Washington Streets. The original was destroyed completely by the Great Fire of 1902. This structure replaced it and still stands today.

This group photograph shows students and the teacher of the Hungarian School in Franklin Township. Much like the modern "Sunday School," Hungarian-American children would attend Hungarian School one day on the weekend where they would study the…

This image depicts the Hungarian Reformed Church of Franklin in its original state before being moved and refurbished. The image shows the amount of physical degradation before it was handed over to the Franklin Heritage Society. The image was…

This is a page from the ledger of records from the Hungarian Reformed Church of Franklin. records were kept about meetings and finances relating to the church. This page in particular is interesting because it shows the respect and authority that…

This photograph depicts the wedding of Joseph Szabo and Ethel Pope (Papp). Joseph Szabo seems to have been a prominent member of the Hungarian-American community of Franklin (more information to come). Of note here is the fact that while…

This newsletter compiled in 1933 celebrates the 25 year history of the Hungarian Reformed Church in Franklin, New Jersey. The newsletter marks some of the major past and current events of the church including active members, members who have passed …

This photograph shows the partially renovated Hungarian Reformed Church in Franklin, NJ. The exterior view of the church shows the new foundations and the modern addition on the rear of the building as well as elements of the original structure.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2