Van Allen House, Exterior of The Building.
These two photos show the exterior of the Van Allen House, one of Oakland’s oldest surviving buildings. Originally built in the 1740s by Henry Van Allen, the house received modifications to it when Edward Day Page brought the house in the late 1890s to early 1900s. The house received more modifications in the 1970s. In the pictures the building to the left is the originally house while everything to the right was built after Page brought it. The house is most famous for George Washington’s visit there in 1777. The building is used as a museum for a variety of items that are related to Oakland is some way, so the house acts as historical place dedicated not only to George Washington, but also to the history of Oakland itself.
These images can be freely used by anyone.
Still Image Item Type Metadata