Church of the Presidents
Located in Long Branch, this is the only building associated with seven United States Presidents as their place of worship. Most popular during the Gilded Age, Presidents Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James A. Garfield, Chester A. Arthur, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley and Woodrow Wilson were known to visit the structure. The church was established as an Episcopalian denomination. It is designed in the shape of a traditional cross and built in a pseudo-Tudor design. The interior of the structure has dark wood and features exposed beams. Due to extensive restoration the church is currently closed to the public.
Historic American Buildings Survey
Freimuth, Michael R.
No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government.
HABS No. NJ-1083-1
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Black and White Image
4 x 5 in.