Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Interview with Mr. Carpenter (1950)

Dublin Core

Title

Interview with Mr. Carpenter (1950)

Description

This is a transcription of an interview with Mr. Carpenter. Carpenter moved to Ho-Ho-Kus in 1916. He was being interviewed on the history of Ho-Ho-Kus during the 1900's. In this section, Carpenter mentions the Miniature Golf Course that was once located in the center of town and operated from 1890 to 1901. In 1901, the Ho-Ho-Kus merged with the Ridgewood Golf Club and within a matter of months the Ridgewood course was ready for play. The Ridgewood Golf Club later became the Ridgewood Country Club.

Creator

Unknown

Date

1950

Contributor

Barto, Elizabeth

Rights

Evans, Joseph

Format

JPG

Language

English

Type

Still Image

Coverage

1910's
1920's
1930's
1940's
1950's
Ho-Ho-Kus (N.J.)

Scripto

Transcription

The miniature golf course on Warren Ave. and the Tpke. was very popular at the time. People came from all over. So many you couldn't play. A man from Sussex built the course, filled it with white crushed stones. Built the stone cobble shanty. A big business for two or three years. Then the fad died down.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Postcard

Geolocation