Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Ford Mansion

Dublin Core

Title

Ford Mansion

Description

This Georgian style home built in the early 1770s in Morristown was owned by Jacob Ford Jr., an American Revolutionary militia officer. After his death, his widow, Theodosia, gave permission for George Washington to use the home as his headquarters during the winter of 1779-1780 while his troops were housed at nearby Jockey Hollow. Today it is opened to the public and has been restored to resemble how it may have looked during Washington’s stay at the residence.

Creator

Freimuth, Michael R.

Date

2014-03-08

Contributor

Freimuth, Michael R.

Rights

For permission to use this photograph, contact Michael R. Freimuth at freimuthm@student.wpunj.edu

Format

JPG

Type

Still Image

Coverage

1770s
Morristown
Morris County

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Color Image

Geolocation