Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Princeton Battle Monument

Dublin Core

Title

Princeton Battle Monument

Description

Designed by Frederick MacMonnies and made from stone, this monument is located on park property at the intersection of Stockton Street and Bayard Street. Commemorating the Battle of Princeton on January 3, 1777, it depicts George Washington on his horse leading his troops. Also shown is the death of General Hugh Mercer. The large monument was dedicated by President Warren G. Harding on June 9, 1922.

Creator

Freimuth, Michael R.

Date

2014-03-08

Contributor

Freimuth, Michael R.

Rights

For permission to use this photograph, contact Michael R. Freimuth at freimuthm@student.wpunj.edu

Format

PNG

Type

Still Image

Coverage

1920s
Princeton
Mercer County

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Color Image

Geolocation