Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
Collection
Exhibit
Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Shadow Lawn

Dublin Core

Title

Shadow Lawn

Description

Now part of Monmouth University since 1956 and known as Woodrow Wilson Hall, this structure was originally known as “Shadow Lawn.” President Wilson stayed here during his campaign in the summer of 1916. The original structure was built on Joseph Benedict Greenhut's estate property. In 1927 Shadow Lawn burned in a fire, but was rebuilt by Hubert Templeton Parson, President of F.W. Woolworth Co, for his private residence. In 1982 the movie adaption of "Annie" was filmed at the site.

Creator

Freimuth, Michael R.

Date

2014-03-09

Contributor

Freimuth, Michael R.

Rights

For permission to use this photograph, contact Michael R. Freimuth at freimuthm@student.wpunj.edu

Format

JPG

Type

Still Image

Coverage

1910s
West Long Branch
Monmouth County

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Color Image

Geolocation